Jacob H. Pierce
Jacob has an active practice covering all areas of civil litigation, spending the early portion of his career focusing on personal injury and medical malpractice. Beginning in law school, Jacob had early exposure to researching medical malpractice caselaw and was involved in interviewing expert witnesses, drafting trial briefs and motions and performing document review on medical case files. He also assisted in mediations and the negotiation of settlements for medical malpractice cases resulting in favorable outcomes for clients. Jacob spent time analyzing and interpreting jury data and verdicts for high exposure personal injury cases including medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death and premises liability across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Jacob has successfully briefed and argued motions to dismiss, motions to transfer venue, and motions for summary judgment. He has represented individual healthcare providers in a wide range of medical specialties, including ER providers, OB/GYNs, orthopaedic surgeons, gastroenterologists, nurses and physician's assistants. Jacob has also represented hospitals, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and urgent care facilities.
While completing his undergraduate degree, Jacob was a member of the Richmond Spiders Football team and was named a team captain during his senior season. He brings the same level of hard work, energy and attention to detail in representing his clients as he did when he played on the football field.
Distinctions and Affiliations
- Honors Law Graduate, University of Richmond School of Law, 2017
- Managing Editor, Journal of Global Law & Business, University of Richmond School of Law, 2016–2017
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Richmond Bar Association
- Motion to dismiss granted in a medical malpractice matter involving misjoinder of claims. (Richmond).
- Motion to transfer venue granted in a suit originally filed in the Newport News Circuit Court (historically a high-risk venue for Defendants). Transferred to the Williamsburg/James City County Circuit Court.